Thankful

    On this Thanksgiving I am most thankful for the crazy family I share this house with.



Letty modeling my find




Found this beautiful frame sitting on the curb waiting for the trash truck on a walk a few months ago and couldn't help myself. It had the standard 80's blue cottage Kinkade painting inside, but all I saw was potential. So I lugged it home and tucked it away for a future project. Well with all this time on my hands, being unemployed and all, I finally decided to tackle it. I started by ripping off the backing, pulling out the picture, and asking my hubby to cut a piece of thin plywood we had lying around. After a quick coat of chalkboard paint I had a brand new message board.  I used +Valspar Paint from +Lowe's Home Improvement, never used it before, but have to say I liked it better than the Rustoleum I normally use. 
The finished product. What do you think?


It sure is nice to have a chalkboard back in the kitchen. I didn't realize how much we used the old one .for grocery lists, reminders, or just silly little notes to each other. The best part of this project is that I didn't spend a dime! Everything I used I had lying around the house.
Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts