A bad night

 Last night was one of the worst I've had in a while. I have taken care of my dying father and handled a premature daughter with a hole in her heart.... So a dog should not be an issue, right? WRONG! As most of you know, Letty was spayed yesterday, all the while I had this looming feeling that something would go wrong. Nothing like being the optimist! My husband and I picked her up late afternoon and instantly I knew it was traumatic for her. I felt like a monster! Don't get me wrong, I believe in spaying and neutering animals..... But to know I caused her so much pain was like a jab to the gut. How can you love a dog so much??? We spent the night up and down, Letty vomited all night into the early morning. My oldest son Forrest was able to finally get about a 1/4 cup of water into her this morning and I hand fed her some fresh turkey. At this point I really didn't care what she wanted to eat as long as she ate. We managed to get one pain pill down but no antibiotics and I wasn't going to push. Letty is resting comfortably and so far has not thrown anything up. Crossing my fingers she's on the mend. I will keep updating to let everyone know how she's doing. Thanks for all the beautiful thoughts.
Letty this morning....

Comments

Popular Posts