So I'm a trash picker... Could be worse!

 So I believe that the show Sanford and Sons was based on my grandpa and uncle, they were the ultimate trash packers actually made a living out of it. Me, I just love finding something that was discarded and making it mine. And I'm cheap! At least that's what my husband says. I say frugal! Years back I was out and about the neighborhood and noticed one of our neighbors had thrown a chandelier onto this huge pile of dirt in their front yard. I must have driven past it for a week, waiting, and trying to figure out what they were doing with it. Well after a margarita or two one night, I worked up the nerve to ask. Tequila will do that! To my relief my neighbor was all too eager to be rid of his "trash", and I skipped all the way home with my newly acquired treasure. After much cleaning, stripping, and painting, I had a beautiful new chandelier that looked nothing like the typical brass fixture hanging in every track home in California in the early 80's. This gem now resides over my kitchen island, and gets decorated for everything... Yes, everything! Baby heads were recently removed!

chandelier ready for fall





Everything I used to decorate the chandelier I had in my fall stash. I used cheap flowers, birds, and ornaments I found +Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores on clearance. The center of the chandelier I took a wire fence from the .99 cent store and attached it to the middle of fixture in order to fill it with pumpkins and Christmas ornaments. It does look a bit strange when there is nothing in it, but that rarely happens and since its painted the same neutral off white, the fence blends in to the chandelier and adds interest. Or that's just what I tell myself!? I just recently added these cute burlap shades from +Lowe's Home Improvement, not sure how long they will stay in this ever changing place we call home, but for now it works.




Comments

Popular Posts