Grateful ...

I say I don't  work, but really there has never been a time when i didn't work. Right out of high school I did the junior college thing that so many do. At the time my mother was in need of a manicurist, so I went to beauty school and got my license. For twenty years I did nails, owned a salon, and began a family. I distributed heavy machinery drill bits out of my garage for a couple of years all while working in the salon, helping out at my husbands construction company,  and raising three kids. I got bored! Hated what the beauty industry was becoming, and needed a change..... Not to mention the economy took a dump! I went back to school. One, to show my kids it's never too late, and two to make a better life for them. I decided to go into the medical field, not an RN but an MA due to my age and expenses. What  A great experience it was, loved every minute of it. Landed a job right out of internship. Well after two years working nights, weekends, and missing every game my children played I'd had enough. I realized I wasn't going anywhere, wasn't really making money (my hubby was a terrible housewife) and I was missing out on everything to do with my kids. I gave my notice and took some time with every intention of finding another place. Well after a short stint doing the books for Greenland Nursery, I found myself without work again. I say without work, but really I work... I work with my husbands construction company, but i don't consider it a real job.... But it is. Well a couple of weeks ago my Inlaws approached me with the offer of slowly taking over the office for the company, and I jumped at the invitation. I go into the office two days a week as I've always done and work from home the rest of the time.... Basically on call. The year has been beyond awesome! I've seen every basketball game my fifteen year old daughter has played, been home for dinner every night, and look forward to watching my seventeen year old pitch his last year of high school baseball. I am fortunate enough to be able to take my dogs for walks daily and bring them to the office as needed. Tomorrow I can say that I have a lunch date with my eighteen soon to be nineteen year old son, and look forward to never missing another milestone of my children's lives.... Nor my four legged.




                                                                    Forever grateful

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts